Merci M. Eugene!
It's very frustrating, the car now starts and everything seems to work ok, lights horn, brakes, instruments, for the first time since late summer 2006....so I'd like to get it out of the barn and road test it.
Unfortunately I can't as with brilliant timing/planning, I have a Davrian in the process of full suspension set-up blocking the exit!
It started off as a simple brake re-furb but I then realised the front shock towers had been attached at different height...13mm different.
The rears were out by 5mm.
Also, the rear towers had entirely the wrong angle on the top plate, which was destroying the rubbers on the shock, and would have been introducing bending forces to the shaft.
All rectified now, and I should have the car back on the ground tomorrow!
Part of the job was removing the right rear wheel, which had a broken weld holding a stud to the hub.
After wasting an hour with various ideas which didn't work I removed the entire corner....