| Forums | Polls | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Events & Socialising 7-DNA Forums / Events & Socialising /   
 

Le Swift Tour - 2020 - CANCELLED...

 
 
Page  Page 7 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next »

Author admaraujo

Driving through town
#91 | Posted: 28 May 2020 13:49 | Edited by: admaraujo 
May I vote
Armadillo is in The Douro Valley and waiting for you.

Author Le Presidente

Driving through town
#92 | Posted: 28 May 2020 14:16 
admaraujo:
May I vote

Yep, as you were thinking of visiting!

Author Zippy

At petrol station
#93 | Posted: 28 May 2020 14:25 
B not voted, but B for me,
Westfield lives matter

Author admaraujo

Driving through town
#94 | Posted: 28 May 2020 14:27 
Sorry mates!!!!

It's definitely a no, for me this year... Next year?! Who knows?
Armadillo is in The Douro Valley and waiting for you.

Author Le Presidente

Driving through town
#95 | Posted: 28 May 2020 14:28 
Zippy:
B not voted, but B for me

All non-voters will be summarily executed, and ejected from Le BOG Club...

Author Eugene

Heading South
Male
#96 | Posted: 28 May 2020 14:49 
Ok - I've informed the Hotels and Fai that we are postponing...
I've told Philippe at Cote Lac he can keep the deposit, as we WILL be visiting them some time in the future.

I guess we need to get vouchers for the ferry crossings?

Eugene
Le Presidente

Author Petereliot
Planning a blat
#97 | Posted: 28 May 2020 15:29 
I've voted b. I'll probably have trouble getting holiday later in the year but that's no reason to make it more difficult for others to go!

Author Eugene

Heading South
Male
#98 | Posted: 28 May 2020 15:51 
From the Brittany Ferries page:

Also, we're offering customers the opportunity to cancel or amend free of charge sailings and holidays later in the year in recognition of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding some customers' ability to travel. If you would like to take advantage of this, please contact us BEFORE you cancel. If you cancel yourself, we will not be able to supply the required RCN.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/coronavirus/keeping-you-updated

So I guess we need to contact them individually, and get a voucher???
Eugene
Le Presidente

Author The Banker

On ferry
#99 | Posted: 28 May 2020 16:59 
I'll contact them and cancel my booking - would rather the money was in my account rather than theirs (ditto BA, Aegean and SkyExpress )

Anyone remember (if anyone) who piggy-backed on my booking/cabin in case my cancellation has implications.

Author The Banker

On ferry
#100 | Posted: 28 May 2020 22:51 
Have I misinterpreted your comment in #98 Steve?

Having looked at BF's website, I can't see an option for a refund of monies spent, only an RCN (Refund Credit Note)...

If needs be, I'll take that and use it whenever but it's not my preference.

Author Eugene

Heading South
Male
#101 | Posted: 29 May 2020 09:30 | Edited by: Eugene 
Use this form for a refund request:

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/contact/form

State in the form you are asking for a refund, not a credit note, due to uncertainty as to re-booking.
Eugene
Le Presidente

Author Eugene

Heading South
Male
#102 | Posted: 29 May 2020 10:32 
Typical - France is opening Bars & Restaurants, and is lifting restrictions on travel...
Looks like we could have gone, if it weren't for the 14 day self isolation on return to the UK!

Eugene
Le Presidente

Author The Banker

On ferry
#103 | Posted: 29 May 2020 16:50 
Eugene:
State in the form you are asking for a refund, not a credit note, due to uncertainty as to re-booking.

Cheers - have done so...

Author Eugene

Heading South
Male
#104 | Posted: 9 Jun 2020 08:41 
Had a call from Brittany Ferries the other day - option was to take a credit note now, for the full amount, valid for 2 years, or wait to see if the ferry is cancelled, and if so get a full cash refund, but LOSE the option of a credit note if the ferry is NOT cancelled...

And if the ferry is NOT cancelled, I was told there would be no refund if I didn't take the credit note now...

I took the credit now, and if the ferry is cancelled I may then argue for a cash refund.
(But as I know I will be doing a crossing in the next 2 years no real issue.)
Eugene
Le Presidente

Author Le Presidente

Driving through town
#105 | Posted: 6 Jul 2020 14:02 | Edited by: Le Presidente 
Time to start thinking about alternate dates for Le Swift Tour...
First suggestions are:



We really do need to start looking at re-booking the B&Bs/hotels, as well as the ferries.
What are thoughts?

I suspect September may be more difficult, as schools will still be on holiday...?
(Donut?)

Page  Page 7 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 
Events & Socialising 7-DNA Forums / Events & Socialising /
 Le Swift Tour - 2020 - CANCELLED...

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

 

 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

 

 
 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 107 [7 Feb 2017 19:01]
Guests - 102 / Members - 5