7-DNA Forums

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Polls | Refresh Page | Forum Instructions | Forum Rules |
Products & Goodies www.7-dna.com forums / Products & Goodies /

New carbon bits.....

| 10 Oct 2013 09:30 | Edited by: EFA | #1
Planning a blat
I said I would never get involved in carbon fibre again, but it looks like I'm about to break this promise.

In the last few months I've managed to wreck the bodywork of my car where the harness shoulder straps hit the rolled edge of the body. (The bit between the sill protectors and the roll bar mount). For the sake of clarity I am talking about the edge of the body circled in red in this pic. This gets especially knackered if you have a cage you enter through the side of the car.

I'm going to get some proper pre-preg carbon covers made which cover up the existing damage and provide a much more resilient surface than soft painted aluminium.

Also, nobody makes CSR style front wings in diagonal weave pre-preg for 13" wheels. I'm thinking of doing some of these too as one of my DITP front wings in damaged.

As with all things proper carbon, there is the price. My experience in this field allows me make a better judgement of the costs to tool up an produce these items, but tooling for pre-preg is very costly to make. The tools I use will make approx 5 pairs of each product. The idea is not to make a profit, but if we accidentally do, it will be given to a worthy cause.

So the approx costs are:

Upper sill protectors: £149 per pair (5 pairs available)
CSR front wings: £380 per pair (5 pairs available) (Caterhams price is over £500 and it has straight weave carbon )

If you are interested, in either can you PM me please.

Delivery would be this side of Christmas.
| 13 Oct 2013 17:18 | #2
Planning a blat

PM sent
| 13 Oct 2013 18:27 | Edited by: EFA | #3
Planning a blat
Here's that missing pic:

| 13 Oct 2013 20:18 | #4
Heading South

WestyOwner:
It's easy when you know how, but then everything is, it's just a case of messing about with codeing till it shows, if Eugene and Hatter don't mind, I'll write up a tuturial as many folks have issues with this..

Please do.

Also, you should be able to edit/delete your own posts within a day of making them.
Is that option not there???
Eugene
Le Presidente
Le BOG Club
| 13 Oct 2013 20:58 | #5
Heading South

Looks like I had not turned on the 'delete' function.
I should be active now - but no idea if it will be backwards compatible...
Let me know!

Eugene
Le Presidente
Le BOG Club
| 13 Oct 2013 21:00 | #6
On country roads

Worked a treat thanks
Stop Junk Calls
http://stopjunkcalls.org.uk/forum/index.php
| 28 Dec 2013 18:54 | #7
Planning a blat
EFA:
If you are interested, in either can you PM me please.

I am interested, but can't send you a PM for some reason!
| 28 Dec 2013 20:26 | #8
Planning a blat
Greg,

I will try to do this in the spring of next year. I'm going to make them for my car, but I need to get a few other things on it prioritised first.

Cheers

Arnie
Products & Goodies www.7-dna.com forums / Products & Goodies / New carbon bits..... Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 433 [18 Aug 2015 17:40]
Guests - 433 / Members - 0