7-DNA Forums

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Polls | Refresh Page | Forum Instructions | Forum Rules |
Spannering www.7-dna.com forums / Spannering /

New springs for Spring

| 8 Mar 2016 13:33 | Edited by: Donut | #1
Filling up again

Ok have never really felt 100% happy with the ride in the 7. Car runs on 13'' rims with Freestyle adjustable Avo dampers and spring set. With the dampers set soft it bangs and crashes over the bad roads, turn the dampers up and it is better but the low speed ride is rough (seems you just need to drive much faster...). So as a test I'm stripping the dampers of the car and feel like trying a new set of springs. Just a thought but I feel like the car is too soft on the springs and I'm compensating making it over damped.

So any one suggest some spring rates for a Zetec engined 7.

I know you had some ideas Eugene ,but cant remember the numbers....

Update: Ok springs and dampers are now off the car. Front springs 176mm long Internal diameter 49mm, Rear springs 280mm long Internal diameter 49mm.
| 8 Mar 2016 13:49 | #2
Heading South

To be honest, I can't remember the final numbers we used...
Uncle Albert may know?

But, I prefer harder springs, and softer damper settings!

Eugene
Le Presidente
Le BOG Club
| 21 Mar 2016 16:21 | #3
Filling up again

Well new springs are on ,thank you to Mr Chris. 275lb front and 150 rear

Will feedback after a road test.....
| 21 Mar 2016 21:53 | #4

Will be interested in your findings!

7-DNA
www.7-dna.com
| 4 Apr 2016 14:49 | #5
Filling up again

Well first trip out and trying to get used to the new feel off the car so not pushing it too hard, but have to say it seems to ride much better. Low speed ride absorbing the bumps is much better, but a little floaty at high speed. I do have the dampers wound right back as a starting point so a few clicks should sort that out. Very happy so far. Ride height is about in the right ball park, maybe need to drop the nose a couple of mm, but not pushing too hard right now will I get a feel for it. So far so good.

Allmost time for some Monkey business
| 4 Apr 2016 15:08 | #6
Heading South

Sounds very positive!
We'll have to compare rides next time we meet-up
Eugene
Le Presidente
Le BOG Club
Spannering www.7-dna.com forums / Spannering / New springs for Spring Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 433 [18 Aug 2015 17:40]
Guests - 433 / Members - 0