Hi, thanks to Steve and Carl we are able to have this section purely for circuit racing. Any discussion, debate, slagging off, ideas, feedback, questions, yes you name it anything associated with circuit racing your Lotus 7 kit car, we want to know.
If your new and wish to compete in Seven only races next year, you will be well aware the options are limited, in fact I don't think there are options, but there is now.
The BARC SE in conjunction with HQ are running some Sevensque/Kit Car races as a 'taster series' on their well supported race days.
The following dates are booked and it appears most are held on the BARC HQ race days which is really exciting news. I hope you can join us in racing or spectating. If feedback and entries prove positive they may attempt to find space for more, but of course this is subject to availability.
April 5th Rockingham, planned for 2 x 20 minute races
June 21st Lydden, 2 x 15 minutes races
July 26 or 27 Brands Hatch, 2 x 15 minutes races
August 24th Donington, 2 x 20 minutes races
September 20th Thruxton, 2 x 20 minutes races.
October 4th Lydden, 2 X 20 minute races.
Each race meeting will have the usual qualifying/practice. Starts can be standing or rolling but consensus to date is for standing. Cost of these events are not yet finalised but please expect them to be somewhere between £230.00 - £350.00 venue dependent.
Proposal initially is for 5 classes, all based upon power to weight. Tyres would be list 1a or 1b, forced induction permitted and the races are for any front engine rear wheel drive Sevensque kit car such as Caterhams, Westfields, Tigers, Sylva's, Dax..... No Radicals etc.
See below our basic regulations, but the races would be in accordance with the MSA and all you need to race with the BARC is join the club @ £50.00.
1. Dry tyres list 1a or 1b. (no slicks)
2. Wet tyres list 1a or 1b.
3. Gearbox is free. However, paddle shift in conjunction with sequential, entrant must move up a class.
4. Aero devices permitted as long as they meet MSA road going class guidelines.
5. Brake lights mandatory.
6. Car does NOT have to be able to pass an MOT.
7. Forced induction is permitted.
8. Classes determined by Power to weight. Note, weight means car with driver and 5 litres of fuel. Cars would be weighed at some point. Power at flywheel would need clarification by form of engine dyno or rolling road plot. Initially entrant to declare figures but these maybe checked during the year.
Class 1. up to 255bhp per tonne
Class 2. 256 to 325
Class 3. 326 to 385
Class 4. 385 to 435
Class 5. 436 upwards
Ballast is not allowed.
If you want to register, it's free. Email me at email@example.com and I will send the form back by return. Joining the BARC can be found http://eshop.barc.net/tickets/barc_membership.html
Otherwise, ask questions and let me know what we could do to improve the races. What is it you don't like about previous racing or other series.